Supplier Quality Engineer
The key deliverables for this role is leading audits of existing suppliers to verify that process and quality capability requirements are maintained over time. Being responsible for the documentation and follow-up with the suppliers for all findings/opportunities items until closed and all suppliers required certifications are current.
- The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) will plan and conduct “Go & See (PFMEA) Activities”, AS-2 Process Audits, PPAP validation to current part and process, AS-69 Special Process Audits (Heat Treatment, Plating, Coating, Welding Solder-less Crimp, etc.) as applicable, and access the overall health of the supplier.
- The SQE will evaluate the supplier’s quality system, manufacturing standards and processes, training procedures and their adherence to standards.
- The SQE will give guidance, training, recommendations, and coordinate system improvements with the supplier.
- The SQE will identify, record, and follow-up on any findings/opportunities to prevent/improve quality concerns and actions with the supplier until closure.
- The SQE will close all supplier process audits in collaboration with customer CSQ, Supplier Development, and Purchasing.
- The SQE will validate and analyze corrective actions from Nonconforming material (NCM) issued by the customer plants.
- The SQE will support PPAP and S-APQP activities with the supplier when needed.
- The SQE will provide feedback in a timely manner to customer.
- The SQE shall demonstrate the ability to:
- Ensure the supplier is in compliance to TS, ISO, and customer requirements
- Prepare and maintain a variety of action registers, reports and assist in the maintenance of documentation in customer systems
- Execute the requires tasks through excellent analytical, problems solving, and interpersonal skills
- Communicate through effective reading and writing English skills, and interpersonal skills
- Travel – 80%